It doesn't always make sense to return used pallets, for instance when the distance is too great. In those cases, shippers opt for inexpensive, safe export pallets that, alongside fully closed hygienic pallets, therefore also have to fulfill hygienic requirements.
In addition, there are other factors that determine their use in the meat processing and exporting industry:
- Integration into the hygienic production and packaging process
- Economical and on-time procurement
- Low floor-space requirement in storage
- Secure warehousing and transportation in the cold chain
- Accommodation of heavy loads
- Reliability for worldwide exports