The wooden pallets that are used for transportation from the producer to the distribution center only rarely meet sales floor requirements. That is because pallets have to meet a number of standards there:
- They are to continually ensure cleanliness.
- Employees' backs must be protected when they lift and carry them.
- With increasing circulation rates, the quality must remain consistently high and loss and breakage must be reduced to a minimum.
- In a closed circuit, they must operate reliably and according to process.
- In storage, pallets should require minimal floor space.